Thazi Wisudha Edwards
UK Power Networks
Since joining the DNO industry in 2013 Thazi has been involved in a breadth of business areas from detailed electrical design, network planning, major programme delivery and operational safety. His project experience ranges from advanced LV networks to dynamic transformer ratings and integration of low carbon technologies, particularly electric vehicles. His contributions span across technical and commercial fields, from bid preparation and stakeholder engagement to design specification, system architecture, engineering standards and installation delivery.Project management in the low carbon portfolio includes the following projects: Flexible Urban Networks – Low Voltage, Smart Urban Low Voltage Networks, Power Transformer Real Time Rating, Black Cab Green, TransPower (vehicle to grid), Duel Fuel Transport.Following graduating in a Chemical Engineering masters degree at Imperial College London in 2012, Thazi commenced his career working as a technical safety and risk consultant for major Caspian sea oil and gas projects.
12:40 pm - 1:25 pm
Panel: EV Infrastructure – Frontier planning and a flexible approach to the evolving transport and mobility sector
Theatre: Local Infrastructure
Uncover the challenges and triumphs in procuring charge point networks across the public and private domain and learn of the latest innovations in EV technology and integration demonstrably capable of driving deployment of EVs to the masses.
- Delivering Infrastructure that fulfils low Emission Strategy and future proofing the EV boom.
- What funding is available and how do you access it?
- Who pays for installation and how is the money spent?
- EV and hybrid future market trends
- Vehicle and charging type trajectories
- Future planning: Social housing/housing authorities
- Cities vs urban vs highway
- How to get other local stakeholders involved and gain buy-in
- How does your EV plan fit in with your wider transport planning?
- Future Energy Scenarios 2018: Where will the power come from?
- Public opinion of EVs and how to optimise your charging network to suit customer requirements
- Public/Private Partnerships