Commercial Finance Specialist
Infrastructure & Projects Authority
Axel has more than 20 years experience in investing in and financing infrastructure businesses and projects across a variety of sectors including transport, energy, utilities, and telecommunications. At the Infrastructure and Projects Authority (IPA), part of HM Treasury and Cabinet Office, he is currently developing the Charging Infrastructure Investment Fund and previously worked on the Digital Infrastructure Investment Fund (DIIF) and the Thames Tideway Tunnel. Prior to this, Axel helped to set up infrastructure project financing for Germany and Central Europe at the European Investment Bank and originated and executed energy venture capital investments at Conduit Ventures and telecommunications private equity investments at the Bechtel Group. Axel started his career in management consulting at PricewaterhouseCoopers in London. Axel holds a PhD in finance from Manchester Business School and a Masters in Management from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland.
12:40 pm - 1:25 pm
Panel: EV Infrastructure – Frontier planning and a flexible approach to the evolving transport and mobility sector
Theatre: Local Infrastructure
Uncover the challenges and triumphs in procuring charge point networks across the public and private domain and learn of the latest innovations in EV technology and integration demonstrably capable of driving deployment of EVs to the masses.
- Delivering Infrastructure that fulfils low Emission Strategy and future proofing the EV boom.
- What funding is available and how do you access it?
- Who pays for installation and how is the money spent?
- EV and hybrid future market trends
- Vehicle and charging type trajectories
- Future planning: Social housing/housing authorities
- Cities vs urban vs highway
- How to get other local stakeholders involved and gain buy-in
- How does your EV plan fit in with your wider transport planning?
- Future Energy Scenarios 2018: Where will the power come from?
- Public opinion of EVs and how to optimise your charging network to suit customer requirements
- Public/Private Partnerships