Head of Transport Innovation
Milton Keynes Council
Brian has been with Milton Keynes Council since 1997, previously working for Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire County Councils.
Prior to taking up the role of Head of Transport Innovation Brian was Head of Transportation at MKC, leading the development of the authority’s Transport Strategy, and leading teams covering Road Safety, Parking, Passenger Transport and Sustainable Travel.
Brian has this year taken up a role leading on the development and delivery of the council’s programme of Transport Innovation. This builds on experience of managing the delivery of MK’s Electric Bus Project (UKs first fully electric bus service) and the introduction of city wide electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Brian also worked alongside the Automotive Council and the Transport Systems Catapult to help develop the Low carbon Urban Transport Zone (LUTZ) initiative, which provides the foundations for the Autonomous Pods project, (LUTZ Pathfinder) and the driverless cars initiative (UK Autodrive) both currently active projects in the city.
Within the UK Autodrive programme Brian leads the cities programme for the Council, which looks at the potential long term benefits of driverless vehicles and how it can be implemented to benefit the citizens and visitors to the area.
12:40 pm - 1:25 pm
Panel: EV Infrastructure – Frontier planning and a flexible approach to the evolving transport and mobility sector
Theatre: Local Infrastructure
Uncover the challenges and triumphs in procuring charge point networks across the public and private domain and learn of the latest innovations in EV technology and integration demonstrably capable of driving deployment of EVs to the masses.
- Delivering Infrastructure that fulfils low Emission Strategy and future proofing the EV boom.
- What funding is available and how do you access it?
- Who pays for installation and how is the money spent?
- EV and hybrid future market trends
- Vehicle and charging type trajectories
- Future planning: Social housing/housing authorities
- Cities vs urban vs highway
- How to get other local stakeholders involved and gain buy-in
- How does your EV plan fit in with your wider transport planning?
- Future Energy Scenarios 2018: Where will the power come from?
- Public opinion of EVs and how to optimise your charging network to suit customer requirements
- Public/Private Partnerships