Nicola has worked in ICT for the past 25 years having graduated from Napier University. Her career spans retail, finance, outsourcing and the public sector.
She joined Aberdeenshire Council as Head of ICT in 2011, with a remit to bring about change to the ICT service. Since 2011, Nicola has led the ICT service through a transformation programme, implementing new technology, strengthening the skills of the ICT Team and the digital skills of the workforce. Nicola is now a key player in developing the Aberdeenshire Councils approach to Digital Services and bringing innovation to the rural North East – from Mountain to Sea.
Nicola is the current President of SOCITM Scotland and played a leading role in the setup of Scotland’s Local Government Digital Digital Office and the creation of shaded CDO and CTO roles across Local Government.
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm
Panel: Developing your procurement strategy: The route to fast, effective and efficient procurement
Theatre: Corporate Solutions
- Sustainable procurement and delivering social value
- How to engage the market to better position your procurement
- How to take the best advantage of feedback in the commissioning stage
- Market conditions leading to and details on alternative routes to procurement including:
- Dynamic Purchasing Systems
- Contract and digital marketplace
- Innovative uses of technology
1:40 pm - 2:25 pm
Panel: Reaping the rewards of Robotic Process Automation across the public sector
Theatre: The State of the Public Sector
As work volumes rise and workforces shrink across the public sector, robotic process automation (RPA) is increasingly being introduced to leverage artificial intelligence (AI) as an innovative solution to increasing budgetary and resource pressures. An effective automation strategy can help with:
- Automating work flow and introducing self-service systems to drive operational efficiencies
- Improving public services by responding faster and more accurately to enquiries
- Delivering a viable solution to hiring freezes and headcount reduction Navigating the cultural and legacy barriers to RPA implementation