Head of Operations for the GDS Academy
Government Digital Service
Paul leads the Operations of the GDS Academy, which delivers learning and development for the Civil Service’s Digital, Data and Technology profession and for wider government. The Academy has played a key role in building the digital capability of Civil Servants and is increasingly supporting the broader public sector, helping to embed a user-focussed approach to designing public services, and driving the uptake of digital ways of working. Before joining GDS, Paul led on the design of learning and development for the operational parts of the Department for Work and Pensions, building the capability of frontline staff, and he has previously worked across a number of other government departments, supporting the transformation of central government functions and delivering public services in the North West.
2:25 pm - 3:00 pm
Panel: Frontier planning for workforce labour shortages and the training required for operational excellence
Theatre: Workforce and Leadership
Targeted training and education has the capacity to build both your organisation and region’s long-term prospects. This session will instruct you on how to raise employability levels in capable markets.
- Driving ambition: Attracting, fostering and retaining talent
- Vocational training: Where are the opportunities?
- Future proofing your organisation against labour shortages
- Apprenticeship Levy: Transforming the skills landscape
- Digital upskilling as a solution for:
- – Agile and smarter working
- – Overcoming barriers to digital transformation and procurement